Thursday, September 2, 2010

the wagon....

I almost fell off. Luckily the scale stopped me. Honestly I can't remember what my last update was. I know I wrote about USC, and I could easily refer back to my blog posts, but I'm sitting here watching 2 football games and it is just too difficult to reference anything besides the television. Phew..that was a long sentence. Anyhow, after the 24 days, I took the next Saturday to enjoy what I had been psychologically 'missing' in my diet. I ate pizza, cheese, bread but skipped the alcohol. It just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore. Don't get me wrong, love the Firefly but the thought of drinking that many calories just isn't worth it. I would rather eat. So my freeing Saturday turned into a week of downhill spiral. It wasn't too bad and if a nutritionist took a look at my food choices I wouldn't have been chastised. I just knew that if I didn't curtail the habit quickly I was going to plummet. So I took matters in my own hands and put myself back on the eating regimine and started exercising more.
I have decided to do the Susan G. Komen 5k in Charlotte on October 2nd. Just for the record I don't like to run. Somehow, someway I have MADE myself go to the gym everyday during my lunch and run. My goal is a mile but yesterday I was only able to squeeze 9 minutes in. It may not be worth it to some but to me its a commitment I have made to myself to finish something....plus the benefits of running do not hurt. I feel like I spend most of my days in the car, a car without air conditioning might I mention, so the little time that I can spend on the treadmill is relaxing. I can't wait until it cools off outside and am able to run outdoors. Technically I could now if I had an inhaler and a pace car behind me so when I passed out somebody would be able to rescue me. So for now that is my goal and I am working hard to accomplish it. If anybody wants to join me, feel free! I hope I won't be such a slacker....

No comments:

Post a Comment