Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A bit early.

This list is probably a bit premature considering I only started doing 'real' (kinda, real) photography for a little over 3 months now but I will proceed. I already have a wish list going in my head and I started researching a few elements of the list. Although other things will take hard work and persistence to cross off, I am willing to work and get better with time.

1. Have a logo, something fun and catchy. I am a total girly girl when it comes to stationary, pens, cards, & fun things so I want my logo to reflect that. I have a few in mind and am putting the finishing touches on them.

2. Design a website, more involved than my trusty blog. I know I can turn this blog into my personal domain but I'm not sure if I can make it a 5 page interactive website. I have researched wordpress.com and other sites but I want to have something with private galleries and an option to purchase prints off of. I know private facebook albums are only good for so long! Plus the quality is CRAP.

3. This one is the one I am working on now...to be a photographer with an event company in Charlotte (or even Columbia). I have seen them around town when I am out on weekend and always thought how much FUN they are having. Especially when there are so many fashion, social and art events going on all the time. I have contacted a company and have a tentative meeting (meaning, we are still in the middle of tag via email) with the owner.

4. Have somebody want my artwork  Printed, mounted and displayed on their walls. Does this sound a bit narcissistic? Oops!

5. Get published! I mean, not today or tomorrow but eventually. I feel I have a wide variety of photos, so if I am persistent and they are good enough it may happen one day.

I can only think of 5 right now...I'm sure more will pop up and of course it will come with time. I hope I'm not jumping the gun on any of these, but photography is so fun! Quit harassing me that I only push a button!! ;) Thank you again for every body's continued support, big or small.

1 comment:

  1. I have a pretty good in with carolina nightlife...as far as event photography goes.

    ReplyDelete