Tuesday, August 3, 2010

National Night Out!

I don't know why I'm so excited. I think it will be a fun time as long as the weather holds out. I think I am scooping up Sydney and going to convince Steve to head up to Birkdale tonight for the music and festivities. Unfortunately I can't drink so I won't be partaking in any nice ice cold beers, namely Miller Lite. The no alcohol aspect doesn't bother me, sometimes I just want that first sip that tingles the throat as it goes down. Kind of like the first sip of soda that usually accompanies a large pepperoni & mushroom pizza. Delicious.

So last night my GF (not GF GF just GF) & I were feeling ambitious and went for a walk/run/jog adventure. It ended up being a 2.37 mile of one and it felt great. Although it did take 47 minutes!  I wish I could push myself to run more. Any tips out there? I have a ton of friends that are into running long long distances....any suggestions would be great! Besides the obvious...ya gotta lose that meat on those bones first. I have tried and tried to run. I can even remember in middle school, we had to run a mile every Monday and I dreaded it! Seriously, dreaded it. I believe it was 19(?) laps around the gym and each lap was as grueling as the last. That still doesn't compare to high school when I played Powder Puff football and the egomanical football players that were our coaches made us run around the top of the stadium. The devil. With that being said, running and I have never gotten along. One of my goals at the gym is to run a 5k, but I'm still too apprehensive to even sign up. I don't know what I need to do to kick my butt in gear. I guess if I did sign up I might be more inclined to do it. Its definitely a goal of mine. I also want to start swimming again. I miss my old swimming days. 

Anyhow today is the 14th day of the challenge. Only ten more to go. I feel like I hit a plateau, that is why I am cutting back on my portion sizes and trying to eat earlier. Tonight will be an exception because I am going to hit the gym right after work so dinner will most likely be around 7. The meal replacement shakes were 'iffy' for the first couple of days. I had to adjust the water and frozen fruit additions to make it taste good. I really only like frozen strawberries so I have been adding those to my drinks in the morning. I am trying to drink all the vanilla ones to save the chocolate for the end! I didnt weigh myself today because I don't want to be disappointed; that has already discouraged me but with all the encouragement its hard to think about quitting!

Lee's Last Stand...our home for a week in September
I can't believe its already August. Any end of summer plans? Our family is going to Edisto in the middle of September with Steve's parents, Aunt & Uncle as well as some of our good friends. I can't wait. We're all ready for vacation! The only bad thing about wanting September to get here means October, November & December are all right around the corner. I can't believe this year has gone by so fast. I think that every year when I realize the holidays are quickly approaching.

Like I said earlier, National Night Out...get out there!

2 comments:

  1. Running and I do not get along either. I remember the awful mile run in middle school as well. I fucking hated it. I always tried to get out of doing it. I guess that is why P.E. was my first ever C. I mean who get a C in P.E? I am all about taking a walk but if a run is on the table, I'm out!

    I actually like the meal replacement shakes. The vanilla is my least fav. I did the opposite and drank all of the chocolate first. Now I am sad, they were the best.

    Have fun tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! Thats amazing. I can't stand running, its torture for me to even walk for 30 minutes on the tread mill! I remember Power Puff...haha good times!

    ReplyDelete