Friday, August 6, 2010

Porkchops & Applesauce

I used to have an inate fear of eating porkchops. I think because my parents bought stock in 'Shake & Bake' and 99% of the time they were dry and rubbery. I guess they never got the message not to overcook those suckers. So when I became an adult (don't know when that happened), I vowed to never allow my family to be subject to that. So far, I have succeeded. It hasn't been too hard...its like dude just don't over cook them. I don't know why that concecpt is so difficult.

Today is Friday, thank goodness. Day 17 for me on the challenge...I don't want it to ennnnd! I have had vanilla meal replacement shakes all morning so I'm excited that I saved a chocolate one for an end of week treat. I even bought banana pieces to make it yummy. I guess it's the little things that trick the mind into thinking you are rewarding youself since obviously pizza is out of the question. I haven't officially weighed myself since Tuesday. I think I'm getting jipped on Wii Fit. I'm not sure how accurate it is and frankly, I like what the scale at the gym says better. So I'm sticking with that one!

Tomorrow night we're having people over just because we want to. Duh. I am now obsessed with Pioneer Woman, and am going to make some of her recipes for snacks. I need a new football party menu so why not try it out...football IS right around the corner. SCORE! I can't explain how excited that makes me.

3 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd say this...but I'm pretty excited about football season too. Mostly because Noah has some super awesome and cute Steeler apparel he gets to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here we go Steelers, Here we go! You got it girl, start that little man off RIGHT!! I know Eric will be super pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha he's been ready for him to wear this stuff since he was born, but its all 12 month stuff. But of course he was a little Steeler fan since we found out he was a boy...haha Eric can't wait to sit up in the bonus room and watch football with him. Men...

    ReplyDelete