Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's in the Cupboard Wednesday...

The dinner plan tonight was to make something with lean stew meat. I seasoned it when I came home for lunch and it was just sitting in the fridge. Here is what it turned out to be:


Ingredients:

2 tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small can green chiles, drained
1 16oz. can Navy Beans (any kind you want, really), drained
1 28oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 packaged stew meat
Pinch of Garlic Salt
Seasoning to your taste

Directions:

Heat olive oil in large pan
Once heated, add onion and drained chiles
Sauteé onion and chiles until they start to turn brown
Add the meat and let cook for 2 minutes on one side, then turn over until they are browned
Pour the diced tomatoes in pan and let it heat, then add the beans and garlic salt
Stir together and put the lid on. Wait for it to start simmering and turn the heat down low.
Let cook until meat is done, about 8 minutes.
Serve!

PS, this Calphalon pan is my
ABSOLUTE favorite. I'd be lost
without it.
Ok so I am not an author and cannot write directions. It turned out really good and the nice thing is you can add whatever seasonings you want.  That is what I had in my pantry and the concoction that I came up with. Perhaps if I do this more often I can work on my direction writing skills! I hope if anybody out there trys this they will enjoy. If not, I sure had a good ole dinner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment