Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cinco de Cleanse-o

After today, only 5 more days of the cleanse. I'm not as excited as one might think; besides wanted to eat the world yesterday, it hasn't been so bad. I admit, I forgot to take my Omega pills yesterday during dinner. I had everything else packed and ready to go and just remembered this morning about them. I need to see what I can do about that.

www.riversidecanoeing.com
Yesterday was a lot of fun. We headed to the mountains to 'Canoe the New,' after 4 hours of mishaps, we finally arrived at the Canoe Office. At this point its 2pm, we left Huntersville at 10. So we weren't able to canoe the 4 hour trip we originally planned for, so we opted for a 2 hour tube adventure instead. The people were super nice and even rigged a canoe for Sydney to float in. It was nice not having her sit in my lap the whole time!

I thought yesterday would be difficult for eating but the night before I spent almost an hour cleaning and packing fruit, making sandwichs (for my sister and Sydney)and grilling chicken for myself. I wasn't sure what the logistics of the whole day were but I wanted to make sure that I woud have plenty to eat so I wouldn't have to sneak a few chips or somethin'. I grilled chicken Friday night, it was so good. I marinated it in Frank's Red Hot & Minced Garlic. I packed lots of fruit and some carrots and hummus to snack on, again with the hummus. I still didn't like it this time in case you were wondering! Next I'm going to try to Sabre Red Pepper, the spicy one, and if that is a bust I will give up completely. The snacks came in handy while we were sitting at the gas station for two hours. Can't say I wasn't tempted to run inside and grab a quick bag of chip and a soda. My salad was awesome, I added tomatoes after I took the above picture, but for dressing I mixed 1tbsp. HT Balsamic Vinagerette & Frank's Red Hot Sauce (yes, more!) and poured over top once we got to the canoe site. It hit the spot. I was full and ready to go, thankful for all of the food that I brought.
Dinner last night was a cookout at my friend Nikki's house. She made a freakin' feast! Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Grilled Chicken, Pesto Skewers, etc. So much food. She also made bean dip, oh my, it looked so good and it definitely called my name on a number of occasions. It was denied, no worries. I also ate grilled chicken, grilled vegetables with Wholly Guacamole on top & Almonds. I did graze on more veggies after my meal, I chalk it up to the fact that I wasn't at home and the food was sitting out in front of me. True, I could have MOVED from in front of the food, but I didn't, and I dont feel guilty.  

I brought dessert over last night, which I didn't eat either. I usually don't eat desserts, especially ones that I make. I have a pizza tooth rather than a sweet one. Here is the recipe, it is so easy, it can be modified slightly with fat free cream cheese, but it is always a hit when I have it or bring it to parties.

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball

Ingredients


1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans  (I've used almonds and hazelnuts on different occasions)

Directions

1.In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2.Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.  (The easiest way is to use wax paper to shape the ball)
3.Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving
 
I serve with graham crackers, but use whatever you like!
 
Amount Per Serving Calories: 65

Total Fat: 5.3g
Cholesterol: 15mg
Of course if you change the cream cheese, the nutritional content will be different.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment