Monday, July 26, 2010

Today

Was looong.  Not so much this morning, we were lazy and hung out in the living room until noon or so. I made breakfast again and had an egg white omelet for myself with a banana. I never crave bread but lately bread has become synonomous with being full and I feel that if I could just have an itty bitty bite of bread I would be magically filled. Not happenin'. After our lazy morning we headed over to Steve's parents house. Let me mention that his dad is a phenominal cook, I constantly ask him for recipes and pointers to try and replicate the food he makes for us. So we get there and what is sitting on his counter? Chicken. Chicken that is fixin' to be fried. Great. This couldn't get worse, but it does. He also puts on the counter a can of beef consumé. I know exactly what that means...brown rice(not the healthy kind). Only my single favorite side dish he makes. At this point, I know that I need to get out of there before they eat this meal. Luckily it was just in the beginning stages so I had time before it was all ready. I left their house, leaving the gang there, and headed straight to HT. I know the only way to cut this off is to fill myself up first. So I grab a bag of their organic lettuce, the kind you get your own serving of. I love it because I can get what I want and I know that it won't spoil. I also get another pregrilled chicken breast, some onions and cucumbers from the salad bar & a roma tomato. Perfect, just assemble once at home and I'll have lunch. I head back and put my findings on a plate, just as soon as I do, Steve's dad offers me the food he has made! Crikey. I politely decline and he genuinely looks puzzled.  I never turn down his food (which is probably why I'm in this predicament in the first place!) Lunch is pretty darn good, I'm sticking with the wee bit of basalmic dressing & Franks Redhot for my dressing. We got out of there before they actually sat down for dinner.

After that we headed back home, Syd went down for a nap and so did I. I woke up about 5 starving. I made another egg white omelet and a bag of cauliflower/broccoli mix. It filled me up but don't be fooled, this girl was still making dinner. I had tilapia out and some fresh mushrooms. Again, I was craving carbs so I broke down and made the healthy kind of brown rice. I didnt want to sautee the mushrooms since they were whole, I made a packet-like contraption out of foil, put the mushrooms in there, poured organice chicken broth and minced garlice on top. I also sliced up a jalapeno in 4 pieces and just stuck them in the packet to infuse some spice. I put them in the oven at 400 degrees until soft. They were so good! The jalapeno definitely added flavor and heat. I will make them again for sure. That was my night. Just for the record, I feel the need to break down my food. So I will. Enjoy.

Breakfast:
4 egg-white omelete with tomatoes and jalapenos
1 Chiquita Banana

Morning Snack:
Green Grapes
6 or 7 baby carrots

Lunch:
Organic Lettuce Mix
Grilled Chicken Breast
Red Onion
3 slices of Cucumber
Roma Tomatoes
Newmans Italian Dressing (1tbsp)
Frank's Hotsauce
Pepper

Afternoon Snack (HA, more like a meal):
3 egg white omelet
Steamfresh Broccoli & Cauliflower

Dinner:
1.5 filets of grilled tilapia
8 whole white mushrooms
3/4c. brown rice

Oh fatty fatty, that seems like a lot of food, YIKES!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. You have way more dedication than me :) I love to eat...and diet dr pepper way toooo mucH!

    ReplyDelete