Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 2

I thought I was going to have time last night to upload pictures and update this thing-a-ma-jig with my food-filled day, but alas I forgot about some homework that needed to be completed by midnight. Leave it to me to be super last minute...on everything! So I didn't get around to it then and now I'm at work so it'll just have to be a big-girl entry without pictures. Dissapointing, I know!

After updating yesterday about the fiber drink ordeal & my breakfast, I grabbed some almonds (7 to be precise) and pecans (about 5) for a mid morning snack. I didn't think they would hold me over until lunch, which they didnt but the crunchiness definitely hit the spot. I opted for a Steamfresh bag of Brocolli around 11:30, added some pepper & crushed red pepper flakes and it was magnifico! I probably wouldn't describe it like that, but it filled me up. 

Lunch was uneventful too, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers w/ basalmic vinegar & grilled chicken. I added a tbsp. of Kraft Zesty Italian dressing, and overall it was good & filling. Once back to work I had a piece of gum, I was craving Starbucks so badly.
Starbucks, I miss you! Please know that I WILL be back...just not anytime soon.
The gum definitely helped satisfy the craving. I had to ask Katy first if I could chew gum. I didn't want to break the rules on day 1. That would be my luck. After I was tired of the gum, I had a peach. I swear when I know I'm not supposed to eat a lot, I shovel food down like its my job. I guess it could be worse, like eating a pizza.
Vinnie's Pizza...Pittsburgh, PA

I digress...finding pictures of food is so much more fun right now though! Dinner was already planned in my head. I went home, cleaned the kitchen and got to work. The menu: Grilled Chicken, Brown Rice, Salad consisting of lettuce & tomatoes, and sauteed, by sauteed I mean put in a pan with PAM and let cook, no butter,  vegetables (onions, mushrooms & zucchini). I was starving by the time everything was ready. I read that I can half 3/4 cup of a 'starchy carb' so I did just that and packed my little serving cup to the brim. I was going to enjoy every bit of it.  And I did. After I was done eating I went in the kitchen and put the leftover food away, I didn't want to tempt myself to pick like I usually do.
 So that's what I ate yesterday. After dinner I retreated to my room and finished my homework, about 9:45, I took the herbal cleanse pills and hit the sack. It was nice to get to bed early.  Today is day two. I woke up early and planned on making eggs for breakfast while drinking that nastiness, i mean fiber drink, but that didn't happen. I was whisked out the door so quickly I could only grab another peach. Torture. I. am. starving. I did manage to pack a bag of steamfresh green beans, but at 8:45 in the morning? No thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment